What we do for our children during their first five years determines how successful they’ll be in school, at work and as members of this community.
Our Mission Priorities
We increase access to early learning experiences from day one, regardless of a family’s income or life circumstances.
Children enrolled in School Readiness in 2022-2023.
Children enrolled in VPK in 2022-2023.
We empower teachers with skills and support to prepare children for school and life.
Number of early learning teachers who received financial support through ELCHC’s INCENTIVE$ program in 2022-23 | 9.5% of the estimated 7,000 early learning teachers in Hillsborough County.
Financial aid awarded to early learning teachers in 2022-23
We collaborate with families,educators, and our community to raise awareness that learning starts at birth and improve educational outcomes.
BOOKS GIVEN TO CHILDREN
COMMUNITY OUTREACH EVENTS
BACKPACKS GIVEN TO RISING KINDERGARTNERS
Their Futures are Invaluable
Thousands of little miracles are born into poverty every day and aren’t given the opportunities to succeed. If we invest in programs that promote learning beginning at birth, the statistics will change, the stories will change, and the future will change.
How You Can Help
Families & Community Members
- Spread the message that learning begins at birth.
- Talk, read and interact with your child daily to support brain development.
- Contact your lawmakers to urge their support for legislation that promotes early learning for children, families and teachers.
Businesses & Foundations
- Support family-friendly policies for employees with children, and champion early learning within your organization.
- Join community partnerships and initiatives that promote early childhood education.
- Provide funding to open access to child care and early learning for families that struggle to afford it so they can become financially stable.
- Fund INCENTIVE$ to improve the quality of small businesses focused on early learning.
Policymakers & Systems Partners
- Continue to invest in high-quality, early learning and child care for working families.
- Increase support for VPK, School Readiness and public-school based early childhood education.
- Support better compensation and benefits for early learning teachers.