Part-Time Lead VPK Teacher
St. Paul Catholic Preschool
4-Year-Old VPK Lead Teacher
St. Paul Catholic Preschool’s mission is to encourage the spiritual, intellectual, and emotional growth of each child using developmentally appropriate practices. Working in partnership with family members as well as our parish and community, we provided a nurturing, safe, Catholic environment where children are inspired to learn, play, and grow.
St. Paul Catholic Preschool is NAEYC Accredited. The 4-year-old Lead VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten) teacher is responsible for providing a developmentally appropriate learning environment with activities that are enriching and fun.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Education or related field preferred. 40 hours Child Care Training through the Department of Children and Families (DCF) including the most recent additional 15 hours of VPK Literacy classes are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety and care of children
- Plan and implement academic curriculum using Creative Curriculum, the Standards and Benchmarks for Florida, NAEYC and PBS (Positive Behavior Support)
- Interaction with children and their families
- Screening (ASQ) and (VPK) Assessment of each child
- Prior experience working with a group of children in an educational or catholic setting
- Must be positive, creative, caring, and energetic
- Ability to lead a variety of daily activities to engage children
- The successful candidate must pass a Level II FBI fingerprint clearance, Safe Environment Program, as well as complete all mandated trainings offered by the diocese and the local parish.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org