Educational Instruction and Library Worker
Website Griffiths Prince & Associates Consulting(SubContractor for FL dept of Management)
Moving Education Forward
· Adheres to the daily schedule and assignments.
Assists the teacher with transported students in getting them on and off the bus safely at the school site.
· Assists students in any personal hygiene needs (e.g., toileting, diapering, laundering, bathing, and dressing) as directed by the teacher.
Lifts/carries/positions students in the classroom, in therapy, and in other areas, as trained.
· Prepares meals, including blending, chopping, etc., of food and feed students, as needed as directed by the teacher. Assists students with first aid, as needed.
· Performs duties related to the use of medical equipment and implementation of procedures needed by students (e.g., tube feeding, catheterizations, etc.) as trained.
· Provides for the care, well-being and supervision of students with disabilities under the direction of the teacher.
· Positions students in and out of wheelchairs and other medical equipment, as trained.
· Reports all necessary student information to teachers.
· Participates in in-service and professional development activities.
· Establishes and maintains positive, professional communication among students, staff and parents, as applicable, per the direction of the instructor under the direction of the teacher.
· Assists with the implementation of the classroom management system under the direction of the teacher.
· Assists with the implementation and use of sign language or augmented communication systems related to the student’s communication needs under the direction of the teacher.
· Implements instructional activities such as reading out loud, small group subject lessons, art activities, music activities, cooking, etc. under the direction of the teacher.
· Performs light custodial duties that relate to the safety and hygiene in the classroom and other environments accessed by the student under the direction of the teacher.
· Assists students with community-based instruction and training, both on and off campus under the direction of the teacher.
· Supervises student behavior using positive behavior supports and interventions in the classroom, lunchroom, on school grounds, and at off-campus activities under the direction of the teacher.
· Participates in parent involvement activities that may include conferences under the direction of the teacher.
· Performs any other duties as assigned.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands.
Accepts criticism and feedback. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Cooperation: Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration.
Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
Works cooperatively in group situations. Works actively to resolve conflicts.
Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions and
responds to management direction.
Takes responsibility for own actions.
Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines.
Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills.
Keeps abreast of current developments.
Requires minimal supervision. Displays
understanding of how job relates to others.
Uses resources effectively.
Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Uses equipment and materials properly.
Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
Education: High school diploma, vocational, GED. Degree or formal training in related field such as child care, or prior experience in education preferred.
Experience: One (1) year of increasingly responsible experience in education, child care, or
related field preferred.
Language Skills: Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Writes simple correspondence. Effectively presents information in one-on-one and
small group situations.
Mathematical Skills: Adds and subtracts two digit numbers and multiplies and divides with 10s
and 100s. Performs these operations using units of American money and weight measurement,
volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Applies understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions. Deals with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office.
Please submit your resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.gpac4.com.